Update: Sunday, 30 August 2020
Reference is made to the recent Notice of 20th AGM forwarded to you. The Committee has good news to announce.
Our President, Mr. Michael Pang has written to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to hold a Physical AGM instead of an eAGM via Zoom video conferencing. MHA has granted his request and we should comply to the prevailing safety measures: 1-metre seating arrangements, temperature taking, Safe Entry and mask wearing during the meeting and line dancing. As we are still in the COVID-19 phase, the number of attendees are capped at 30 people. Hence, prior registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis. After attending the AGM you may like to join us in line dancing.
To attend either the Physical AGM and/or line dancing , please register by email to: 20thAGM@cldas.com before 12 noon, 15 September 2020. This is the official email address to send your queries, feedback and related AGM matters. Priority will be given to those who attend the AGM. Your membership will be verified before a confirmation email is sent to you.
Please take note there is a change of date for the AGM. Both events will be held at:
|Venue:||Eurasian Association (EA)|
139 Ceylon Road, Level 1
|Date:||27 September 2020, Sunday|
|Time for AGM:||2 pm|
|Time for Line Dance:||5 pm – 9 pm|
Thank you for your attention.
Howdy CLDAS Members,
Below are highlights of the official notice to CLDAS Members. You may download the official 20th AGM Notice in PDF format here.
In view of the COVID-19 measures in Singapore, the Committee has postponed the 20th Annual General Meeting (AGM) initially convened for June 2020. It is now confirmed that the 20th AGM will be held on 26 September 2020, Saturday at 2pm via Zoom video conferencing meeting.
This year’s AGM will be different from what we have been familiar with. Such changes are made possible given the clear guidelines provided by the COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Alternative Arrangements for Meetings for Registered Societies) Order 2020 which came into force on 27 April 2020.
The following is a brief outline on what you can expect for the upcoming AGM:
- There will be no physical attendance. Instead the AGM will be conducted via electronic means and broadcasted live.
- The Committee elections will be conducted by slow mail or email.
- A member may submit questions relating to the AGM Minutes, General Matters or Accounts via post or email within the prescribed deadlines. Other matters may still be raised at the eAGM.
- AGM documents – Minutes of 19th AGM, Statement of Accounts, and Nomination Form – are sent electronically to members.
- In order to conduct the forthcoming AGM and to ensure the continued operations of the Association, the current Committee will continue holding office until the new Committee is elected at the AGM.
Important! To attend the webcast of the AGM, please register by emailing to “20thAGM@cldas.com” before 12 noon 15 September 2020. This is the official email address to send your queries, feedback and related AGM matters. Your membership will be verified before a confirmation email is sent to you, together with the link to attend the webcast of the AGM.